Welcome to the Nurse's Corner!Lisa Trask RN, CSN, MSN-HCSMPhone: 717-657-3060 opt. 3Nurse's Fax: 717-704-8495School Fax: 717-657-0537
Please note the new immunizations requirements listed below as provided by the PA Department of Health beginning the 2017-2018 school year.Also posted below: Immunization Clinics sponsored by the Department of Health
Thank you for taking time to visit the updated website! as the primary nurse at Linglestown Middle School my goal is to be an integral part of promoting and maintaining your child’s health while in school. My goal is to deliver quality acute, chronic, episodic and/or emergency health care to your child in an atmosphere of care, concern, and safety.
To ensure an optimal educational experience I work with you and your child’s health care provider to ensure that your child’s overall health plan is followed during their school day.
I want you to feel comfortable about the health services your child is being given. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Want to fax a document directly to the nurse? Use this number:
717-704-8495Special notice to parents of 6th and 7th grade students:Sixth grade private physical and 7th grade private dental exams are due now! You may send forms to school with your child, fax using 717-704-8495 or e-mail to my attention.
Students in ALL grades:School Immunization Requirements: (rev. 3/2017)Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 month after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
7th through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV). First dose is given 11-15 years of age; a second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade. If the dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
*Usually given as DTaP or DTP or DT or Td** Usually given as MMRThe only exemptions to the school laws for immunizations are:
- Medical reasons;
- Religious beliefs; or
- Philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
Contact Ms. Trask if you are interested in exempting your child.If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.If you are uninsured or underinsured the Department of Health can help you receive vaccinations.Public immunization clinics are being held every Wednesday at the:Dauphin County State Health Center30 Kline PlazaHarrisburg, PA 17104Call 717-346-1470 with questions or to make an appointment.** Please note that immunization records will not be available from the nurse during summer break. If you think you need a copy please contact Ms. Trask ASAP.For more immunization information please visit: