CAR RIDER PICK-UP PROCEDURE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
If your child is not typically a car rider, please place the numbers that were sent home and this letter in your glove compartment. There may be circumstances in which you will need them.
Car riders will dismiss from the gymnasium at 3:45p.m. where they will be supervised by staff members. Parents should drive up 65th and turn right onto Locust Ave. Drive slowly through the parking lot following the arrows toward the designated signed car pick-up area. Pull up as far as you can along the curb and close to the car in front of you. Supervising teachers will cross reference assigned pick-up numbers on approaching cars to the list of students, and then call children from the gym to the pick-up area*. Each student will receive 4 "official" Rutherford cards with his/her number (in envelope). Anyone who picks up a child must display a card in their car.
- For the safety of your children, only cars with official Rutherford car pick-up cards will be allowed to pick up children. If the assigned pick-up number is not available, you will be asked to go to the office for pick up.
- It is recommended that each child place one number card in his/her book bag to use until the number is remembered. If your child is not available when you arrive at the car pick-up area you may be asked to park or drive around again. This helps prevent excessive delays while teachers relocate children to the right place.
- As always, a note is to be provided if your child will be a car rider. If no note is provided, your child will be placed on his/her assigned bus. If your child will be a car rider all year, one note stating this is sufficient. Many of you have already provided these. Please make sure you are calling into the office for emergency changes only. Call should be received by 3:15p.m., No car riders will be dismissed from the office. You will be asked to join the car line like the others. Students will then be sent to the gym and you will join the pick-up line.
While waiting in THE DISMISSAL line...
- Please remain in your vehicle as you will need to move up frequently.
- Please pull up as far as you can and close to the car in front of you.
- Please form one continuous line.
*Please note that we will only release students to those in the car line and not to those parked in the lot. We ask that you please follow our procedures for everyone’s safety.
*Walkers will be exiting the building through the back gym door.