All About Paxtang Elementary School... Paxtang Elementary School, Central Dauphin School District, is located in Central Pennsylvania a few minutes from downtown Harrisburg, which is the capital of our state.
Our school's enrollment is currently 237 children in grades K-5. Our school's colors are BLUE and GOLD and our mascot is the PUMA.
Central Dauphin, a uniquely diverse school district, ensures all students a challenging and dynamic curriculum that prepares them to succeed in a changing, global society by inspiring lifelong learning in a caring, collaborative community.
The Central Dauphin School District believes . . .
- Students are our most precious resource.
- All students regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion, deserve a quality education.
- All children can learn.
- Learning should be an enjoyable experience.
- All students must be given the opportunity to reach their potential.
- All students must be active participants in their education.
- All students must be respected and valued.
- Healthy school communities respect differences, welcome diversity, and promote cultural plurality.
- Good citizenship requires responsibility, self-discipline, and appropriate decision making.
- Open and continual communication is essential and must be encouraged.
- Personal and professional growth of all staff within our school district is important.
- Outstanding staff demonstrates enthusiasm, innovation, caring, and commitment.
- A successful school experience requires the involvement of students, parents, caregivers, educators and the community.
- A safe, orderly and clean environment is essential for teaching and learning.
- The district has the responsibility to strive for excellence in academics, activities and athletics.
- The district is responsible for providing excellence in education within the fiscal resources of the community.
- Excellence in education requires a commitment to continuous improvement.
Recruit and maintain a quality staff. Strive to provide cultural and ethnic diversity among staff to reflect the student population. Develop a systematic professional development plan that allows all staff to become outstanding educators. Develop programs for underachievers, at-risk, gifted and difficult students. Continue to develop and maintain a curriculum that exceeds state standards and an evaluation system that promotes excellence within the curriculum review plan. Provide technology upgrades with state-of-the art equipment and provide staff development for its use in the classroom and ready access for the students. Analyze business practices to become more fiscally responsible.