The RRR Digital Cohort Project will kick off at the start of the 2016-17 school year. In our efforts to help teachers build a technology tool box that will support RRR lessons we will be visiting all 19 schools each month to provide a 1 hour presentation on technology tools and resources available to teachers and students at Central Dauphin School District.
The RRR Digital Cohort Project includes:
- Monthly 1 hour meetings at each school providing technology resource information
- Saturday technology training (3 hours / once a month) to provide hands-on training on specific technology tools such as Google Apps for Education, Canvas and Discovery Education to mention a few.
- Full day training offered during the school year on technology tools that will support and change the classroom infusing collaboration, creatiivity, authenticity and student engagement.
The BEST PART....
Mid-year teachers that have attended the monthly sessions and Saturday trainings will be eligible to apply to join the RRR Digital Cohort. If selected, they will be given additional technology devices for their classroom (Chromebooks), and be included in additional blended learning professional development, school site visits and local technology conferences to learn more about the tools that will add another dimension to their classroom activities and lessons.
The following information is available on the Digital Cohort Resource site in Canvas:
- Calendar of monthly school training meetings
- Calendar on Saturday training dates and topics
- Calendar of full day technology training topics and dates
Visit our Technology Integration Resource page in Canvas to find a collection of information on technology integration tools. This resource was created to help Central Dauphin School District teachers find the information they need to develop a technology toolbox that will grow and change the way that students work in the classroom..